Process / Document Administration
Muli have fully integrated the powerful Libre-Office word processing package for the creation of external documents. Examples of the process are included in the introduction videos.
SINGLE CENTRAL DOCUMENT STORAGE
Muli stores all its contract documents on a project basis to provide a logical filing location.
Muli provides an effective formal procedure to manage the project’s documentation covering:
- Head Contract
- Variations to the Head Contract
- Head Contract progress claims
- Purchase Orders
- Lump Sum Subcontracts
- Amendments to subcontracts
- Subcontract payment advices
- Final certificates, and
- more generalised notices such as Request for Information for both subcontractors and clients
- Ad-hoc letters, memos and general correspondence, plus
- A checklist of outstanding contractual issues for the project team to review.
Muli’s contract documents are subject to VERSION CONTROL. Changes can be tracked in two ways:
- The Document Change Counter (shown in the document’s Footer) – increments numerically each time it’s accessed.
- The Document Amendment Control converts the incrementing “lower case alpha” revision code to an UPPERCASE to formalise the revision as the Current Approved Document – with no further changes allowed.
Muli applies a strict “NO ORDER” then “NO PAYMENT” processing rule.
This is because Muli utilises Commitment Accounting principles with Variance to Budget reporting.
The Commitment requires the comparison of allowed Budgets with Committed Costs to provide the first step in a detailed cost reporting system and therefore ALL costs must be committed – including Internal Labour.
Separate commitment procedures exist for:
- Purchase Orders
- Labour Orders (Payroll $ and hours)